Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Partitions and Me

Okay... So I have a Windows98 box. I put another hardrive in it and installed XP, so I can switch between booting in Windows 98 and Windows XP. That's all find and dandy you might say? Well, not since during the install of XP and inadvertently deleted the partition on the Windows 98 drive. I did not format it though, good thing.

After searching for hours, I found an open source program from cgsecurity.org that allowed me to recover the partition and all data contained thereon. It was a lifesaver. I highly recommend this product -- mostly because it's free, but also because it did the job. I'm sure that now that I've endorsed this product (of which I can't remember the name right now), hordes of people are going to start downloading it so they can delete partitions and recover the data. AFter all, I have so much influence in the technology industry (That was irony, friends).

The way I look at technology is if you're armed with the aptitude, and/or the proper tools, feel free to break things because you can fix them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gubi said...

Doyle, will you drop this whole doylesoftutah.com thing. I know you are trying to increase flow to your site, but I can tell you right now, I am not going to buy anything. Unless perhaps you sell some computer parts for cheap. I know, you start buying everything we want from woot.com and resell it from your site. I bet that would help increase the traffic a little. What is he selling today?

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home