Thursday, October 05, 2006

Registry Rights

Have you ever wondered what would happen if...? (It seems like everytime I have a thought like that, I spend a long time trying to get my computer to work again. I wonder why?)

Anyway, I was wondering what would happen if you took away all your rights to the registry.
Would Windows even let you. Let's say, hypothetically, you right clicked on the HKLM and chose Permissions, could you uncheck Full Control for Administrators and have it work?

If anybody has any thoughts on that, I'd like to hear it; otherwise I just might try it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gubi said...

How about, lets not and say we did. I would imagin your results will basically be the same as it missing, if in fact it will let you. I would think regardless the Administrator user will work even if you did that, although your use wont work until those rights have been restored.

2:06 PM  
Blogger The Regentristry said...

See the problem here -- we are just speculating on what will happen. What I'm trying to accomplish is knowledge -- I want to KNOW what will happen.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home